15 Sep How Artificial Turf Is Helping Cities Get More Athletic Field Space
Cities around the world are looking for new ways to offer citizens green space, both for play and relaxation. But it can be tough to maintain municipal sports fields, as they require constant upkeep, from watering to mowing and more.
For club teams and youth leagues, these fields can be the entry point to learning and appreciating a new sport; if they aren’t being built, more children and adults will be unable to reap their benefits.
That’s why artificial turf is a popular alternative for municipal areas that want green spaces for recreation but don’t have the resources to put towards maintaining natural grass. For instance, New York City has 800 athletic fields as part of the parks department, with 160 of those — and more to come — having synthetic turf surfaces.
In California, particularly in high-population areas like Los Angeles County and the Bay Area, there are over 900 synthetic turf playing fields, a number that continues to grow.
Why is artificial grass the preferred option for athletic playing fields in cities? These are ten reasons municipal areas are choosing fake.
- Allows for the use of any size or shape space.
- Doesn’t require sunlight to grow so can be placed under trees, buildings, or other shaded areas.
- Expensive mowers and transport of them to different sites can be cut out entirely.
- Water costs will drop significantly since you’ll only want to spray down synthetic fields on hot days.
- Cuts out the need for harmful – and pricey – chemicals like weed killers, pest killers, and fertilizers.
- Always looks green, fresh, and the same height.
- Lasts for years when properly cared for, cutting out replacement costs and landscaping work.
- Appropriate for any sports, including basic recreation classes or workouts.
- Comfortable for people to sit on and supportive enough for players to help reduce injury.
- Can stand up to repeated use, daily, weekly, and monthly.
About the Author
STS Grass Company, has been serving California for 10+ years. We service Riverside, Bay Area, Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Sacramento, Coachella Valley, Fresno, Bakersfield for all commercial applications such as soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, field hockey fields, football fields, playgrounds, hotels, restaurants, office buildings, and more for artificial grass and turf. We also install residential artificial turf and grass along with all kinds of putting greens. We know all your local and state rebates for artificial turf, and we offer a “free sample program,” low or no interest financing options, and no pushy salesmen, as well as an industry-leading 15-year guarantee on commercial and residential artificial grass installations. We will answer all your questions, go over the enormous cost savings of artificial grass, and give you a complete quote for competitive pricing and our 15-year guarantee on our services. Quotes and estimates are always free. Contact us now here , visit one of our sites at www.bestartificialgrassservices.com , https://bestcommercialturfservices.com/ , https://bestartificialsportsfieldturf.com/ , https://bestartificialputtinggreens.com/ or call 877-336-7320.